Did you know that coffee can help people feel less tired, increase energy levels, and ward off sickness?
Coffee is actually very healthy.
It is loaded with antioxidants and beneficial nutrients that can improve your health.
The studies show that coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of several diseases.
Here are the top evidence-based healthy benefits of coffee, that have been confirmed in actual human studies:
1. Coffee Can Improve Energy Levels and Make You Smarter
Coffee can help people feel less tired and increase energy levels. This is because it contains a stimulant called caffeine, which is actually the most commonly consumed psychoactive substance in the world. After you drink coffee, the caffeine is absorbed into the bloodstream. From there, it travels into the brain. Coffee improves various aspects of brain function which includes memory, mood, vigilance, energy levels, reaction times and general cognitive function.
2. Coffee Can Help You Burn Fat
Several studies show that caffeine can boost the metabolic rate by 3-11%. Other studies show that caffeine can specifically increase the burning of fat, by as much as 10% in obese individuals and 29% in lean people.
3. Caffeine Can Drastically Improve Physical Performance
Caffeine stimulates the nervous system, causing it to send signals to the fat cells to break down body fat. But caffeine also increases Epinephrine (Adrenaline) levels in the blood. This is the “fight or flight” hormone, designed to make our bodies ready for intense physical exertion. Caffeine makes the fat cells break down body fat, releasing them into the blood as free fatty acids and making them available as fuel. Because of this, it makes sense to have a strong cup of coffee about a half an hour before you head to the gym.
4. There Are Essential Nutrients in Coffee Coffee is more than just black water. Many of the nutrients in the coffee beans do make it into the final drink.
A single cup of coffee contains:
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)
- Manganese and Potassium
- Magnesium and Niacin
5. Coffee May lower your risk of Type II Diabetes, protect you from Alzheimer’s Disease, lower your risk of Parkinson’s, and have protective effects on the liver.
- For some reason, coffee drinkers have a significantly reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes and studies show that people who drink the most coffee have a 23-50% lower risk of getting this disease.
- Eating healthy, exercising, and drinking coffee can help protect you from Alzheimer’s disease. Several studies show that coffee drinkers have up to a 65% lower risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease.
- In studies, coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of developing Parkinson’s disease, with a reduction in risk ranging from 32-60%. In this case, it appears to be the caffeine itself that is causing the effect. People who drink decaf don’t have a lower risk of Parkinson’s.
- It turns out that coffee may protect against cirrhosis of the liver. People who drink 4 or more cups per day have up to an 80% lower risk.
So grab a cup of coffee and savor the many benefits including the taste.
GOS Products is proud to carry many of favorite gourmet brands. Click Here to View